Welcome to Goggle and Giggle a private swimming school for children and adults.
As a professionally trained swimming teacher, I have worked across London and its surrounding regions for more than five years, during which time I have acquired a wealth of experience working with children in the water.
I have taught adults and children, from complete beginners to those at more advanced levels, such as triathletes.
I have worked with mothers and babies as well as children above 5, guiding them through the National Plan for teaching swimming.
During my time at YMCA Club I have successfully trained a number of children through all 10 stages of the National Plan for teaching swimming, taking them to long-term athlete development.
- ASA Levels 1 and 2 Swimming Teacher
- ASA Level 1 Swimming Coach
- NPLQ Lifeguarding
- NVQ Level 2 in Sport and Recreation at Richmond upon Thames College
- BA (Hons) in Business Management at Open University
- High levels of learn to swim technical support, for all age groups (young children to adults).
- Water phobic
- Preparing for swimming club training.
- Training programmes aimed at specific needs.
- Open water swimming and triathlon training
- Water polo fitness training
- Swimmers recovering or living with long-term illness
Martin is an extremely experienced swimming teacher and coach, who with various swimming clubs throughout London. Martin specializes in a very positive approach to a “learn to swim” program, everyone should feel good about themselves when they finish a lesson.
Martin has a strong technical ‘swim’ background; He is able to provide a very high level of knowledge to all his students. Martin enjoys working with all age groups and abilities and uses his specialist skills to help students to reach their full swimming potential.
As well as his ASA Level 2 qualification, Martin has used his BSc Human Biology and Level 5 Teaching qualifications in roles such as head coach of the YMCA Masters Swimming Club and in his role as coach for the London University Swim team.
He has received the prestigious ASA National award for his role in developing the best community-swimming project. Martin takes child and vulnerable adult protection very seriously and is always up to date with all safeguarding courses.
- ASA Level 1 and 2 swim teacher Qualified
- Degree BSc Human Biology
- Level 5 Teaching Qualification
- Level 5 certificate in Physics
- Foundation degree Medical Sciences Birkbeck College University of London
- ASA National award for best community swimming project
- Qualified as Lifeguard (NPLQ)
Magda Von Schilling
I started teaching 20 years ago.
As a trained physiotherapist, I’m very passionate about integrating both knowledge’s in my lessons.
Having children myself, I know that it’s very important to adjust to individual needs.
Seeing my pupils progress gives me great pleasure and fulfillment as a teacher. It has been my passion & my life since I remember, and been loving every moment of it.
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- 1996 Swimming Instructor Qualification Level 1 and 2
- NPLQ Lifeguard
- Safeguarding Children
- Emergency First Aid
Born and raised close to the Durban beachfront in South Africa, I learnt to swim before I could walk, and have been a water baby ever since. Swimming has been my number one passion, and I have always made sure I live near a swimming pool.
I have been swimming competitively ever since I can remember and am mostly a long-distance swimmer. I was a member of the Epworth Girls swimming team and South Africa’s Seals swimming club, was coached by Wayne Riddin, the head coach of the South African Olympic swimming team in 2000.
I have swum the Midmar Mile, the world’s largest open water event, a number of times since I was at primary school, as well as recent ASA Masters swimming races in London. I currently swim for a Masters swimming club close to where I live, in order to continue my swimming fitness, stroke/technical awareness and competitive swimming.
I decided to embark on a career as a professional swimming teacher as I would like to put my passion and my knowledge-towards helping beginners learn to swim for life. My goal is to ensure water confidence and swimming ability in all strokes, giving you skills to take anywhere with you, as I believe swimming to be an essential life skill to have.
As well as being a qualified swimming teacher, I am also an artist and currently studying towards a Masters in Psychology at Birkbeck, University of London. I have also worked as a registered dental professional in Harley Street and Wimpole Street, London.
- ASA Level 1 and Level 2 – Swimming Teacher certificate (2017)
- NPLQ Lifeguarding (2018)
- Emergency First Aid (2018)
- Critical Approaches to Positive Psychology – Cert.HEwith Merit at Birkbeck University of London (2017)
- Problem Solving & Decision Making Cognitive Psychology – Cert.HE with Distinction at Birkbeck University of London (2017)
- Foundations of Modern Psychology – Cert.HE at Birkbeck University of London (2018)
- BA Fine Art degree with Distinction at Durban University of Technology (South Africa) – Certified by UK NARIC (2009)
- NEBDN National Diploma in Dental Nursing– United Kingdom (2014)
Amit began teaching in the 90s at his own swimming school in India – helping both adultsand kids build confidence and improving their water skills.
Amit is not only an experience teacher who has trained more than 2500+ students over the years, he has significant experience including disabled and special needs swimmers as well.
This includes film stars from the Bollywood and their children. Amit really enjoy teaching swimming and passing on the knowledge to others. He has continue his extensive experience of teaching swimming across all ages after migrating the
the UK in 2008. His exceptional ability to adapt new techniques for individual needs, combined with his demonstrative and disciplined attitude can be displayed throughout all of his lessons. Amit’s goal as a swimming teacher is to help all students reach their swimming potential!
- STA Level 2
- First aid at work
- Scuba (PADI)
So, I motivated myself and enrolled for the beginner adult group lessons as I never learned to swim as as kid. And here again thanks to Abena and her fantastic team my progress has been outstanding , I still can not believe what I have achieved in the space of a few months. I am currently improving my front crawl, back strokes and learning the butterfly stroke!!!
I can not recommend them enough! Don’t think twice just give Abena a call you won’t regret it! I have now also enroll my little toddler and I can’t wait to see all the family swimming together K.D., Parent