Welcome to Goggle and Giggle a private swimming school for children and adults. We offer one-to-one and group swimming lessons for:
- toddler age 2-5
- juniors age 5-12
- teenagers age 13 and over
- parent and toddlers age 2 and over
- adults (our oldest client is 84 years old)
We offer a range of classes for parents and toddlers to competitive swimming and all of our lessons are taught in accordance with The Amateur Swimming Association (ASA), the national awarding body for swimming. All of our swimming instructors are fully qualified to teach The ASA Learn to Swim Framework (stages 1-8) as well as The ASA Aquatic Skills Framework (8-10).
Established in 2012, we aim to establish healthy lifestyle practices to parents and children. We want your children to establish confidence in the water and to cultivate lifesaving techniques to enable them to swim safely.
Terms and conditions
Sinead has been teaching Matilda for the past 3 years – and as parents, we feel that we have lucked out big time (having had poor experience with swimming teachers elsewhere). Matilda has become a confident and able swimmer and has progressed seamlessly through the different stages of ability – all thanks to Sinead’s guidance. Sinead is patient, but authoritative and an excellent communicator with both kids and parents (always a plus). Matilda loves her lessons and as parents, we are grateful for what she has done and would thoroughly recommend her as a swimming instructor.Vicky Sheehan, Parent
As a professionally trained swimming teacher I have worked across London and its surrounding regions for more than five years, during which time I have acquired a wealth of experience working with children in the water. I have taught adults and children, from complete beginners to those at more advanced levels, such as triathletes.
I have worked with mothers and babies as well as children above 5, guiding them through the National Plan for teaching swimming. During my time at YMCA Club I have successfully trained a number of children through all 10 stages of the National Plan for teaching swimming, taking them to long-term athlete development.
- ASA Levels 1 and 2 Swimming Teacher
- ASA Level 1 Swimming Coach
- NPLQ Lifeguarding
- NVQ Level 2 in Sport and Recreation at Richmond upon Thames College
- BA (Hons) in Business Management at Open University
I have been working at YMCA Club as a swimming teacher since 2013. My experience covers all levels and age groups, from toddlers to adults, as well as providing group and one-to-one swimming lessons. I have an ability to create a relaxed and friendly environment when delivering lessons which all my clients enjoy.
- NPLQ Lifeguard
- CYQ Level 3 Personal Trainer
- ASA Levels 1 and 2 Swimming Teacher
- High levels of learn to swim technical support, for all age groups (young children to adults).
- Water phobic
- Preparing for swimming club training.
- Training programmes aimed at specific needs.
- Open water swimming and triathlon training
- Water polo fitness training
- Swimmers recovering or living with long-term illness
Martin is an extremely experienced swimming teacher and coach, who with various swimming clubs through out London. Martin specialises in a very positive approach to a “learn to swim” programme, everyone should feel good about themselves when they finish a lesson. Martin has a strong technical ‘swim’ background; he is able to provide a very high level of knowledge to all his students. Martin enjoys working with all age groups and abilities, and uses his specialist skills to help students to reach their full swimming potential.
As well as his ASA Level 2 qualification, Martin has used his BSc Human Biology and Level 5 Teaching qualifications in roles such as head coach of the YMCA Masters Swimming Club and in his role as coach for the London University Swim team. He has received the prestigious ASA National award for his role in developing the best community-swimming project. Martin takes child and vulnerable adult protection very seriously and is always up to date with all safeguarding courses.
- ASA Level 1 and 2 swim teacher Qualified
- Degree BSc Human Biology
- Level 5 Teaching Qualification
- Level 5 certificate in Physics
- Foundation degree Medical Sciences Birkbeck College University of London
- ASA National award for best community swimming project
- Qualified as Lifeguard (NPLQ)
I’ve been teaching and coaching for a number of years across a plethora of sports, including swimming. As a teacher, I am keen to make the sessions fun and promote confidence in all of my learners. My passion for coaching shines through in my sessions and I take great pride in us achieving successful results together.
- ASA Level 1 Swim Teaching
- BTEC Level 2 First Diploma in Exercise and Fitness
- NVQ 2 in Sport Recreation and Allied Occupations
- Level 2 Award in Community Sports Leadership
- NPLQ Lifeguarding
- Safeguarding Children
- Emergency First Aid
I entered the swimming world as a competitive swimmer at the age of seven, and have been teaching beginner to competitive level swimmers for the past eight years. My lessons are carefully designed to be in sync with each swimmer’s individual ways of learning, as well as their unique, natural physicality in the water. At the base of each lesson I lay the foundation for good technique and on top of that I add drills and games that play to the natural strengths of the individual. My lessons are structured to enable each swimmer to develop a simultaneous endurance and effortlessness in the water. Working with swimmers of all ages, skill and experience level, I introduce very beginners gently to the water while streamlining the strokes of trained athletes.
- American Red Cross, Fundamentals of Instructor Training
- American Red Cross, Water Safety Instructor
- American Red Cross, CPR-AED for Lifeguards
- American Red Cross, Professional Rescuer and Healthcare Provider
- BA University of Rochester
I have been working for the Central YMCA London for the past three years. During this time, I have been coaching children aged 5-16. This entails creating, adapting and delivering lesson plans with specific learning outcomes for Key Stage 1, 2 and 3 with mainstream school pupils. I have always been passionate about sports, particularly swimming as I am also a qualified lifeguard. I specifically enjoy helping others to achieve their personal goals and watching them fulfil their potential.
I am an enthusiastic person who enjoys being part of a coaching environment; delivering dynamic lessons to engage pupils and enhance their learning experience.I pride myself on my ability to adapt lessons to the class’ needs, as well as specific individual’s requirements. This ability has been strengthened by my work with the Sunday Hub Club (YMCA) where I have gained invaluable knowledge around delivering and adapting physical education to those with additional needs. I am keen to continue developing my knowledge and improve my coaching skills, so I regularly attend ongoing personal development courses.
- Degree in Physical Education, Sport and Activity(BSc), Barcelona 2006-2010
- MastersDegree in Education, Barcelona 2010-2011
- ASA Level 1 swim teacher Qualified (2017)
- NPLQ Lifeguarding (2017)
- Safeguarding Children
- Emergency First Aid (2017)
Preslav was 6 years old when his Parents signed him into a Sports School as a Swimmer. He participated in swimming competitions until he was 11 years old. Since then he started to swim in open waters and at age of 18 and became a professional open water Rescuer, where the swimming level and skill demands are much greater. This experience gave him the confidence to start different water sports, such as Windsurfing, Surfing and SUP. Preslav has been teaching swimming lessons in London to different ages, stages, and groups of children. He has helped them to progress fast by instructing them a variety of techniques for each swimming style. Preslav has acquired his experience by working in primary schools, Lido and leisure pools. All of which have different challenges, in terms of size, depth, noise, and people. This has therefore enabled him to adapt different approaches to lessons to help him to develop better teaching skills. Preslav’s specialities areas are improving swimming techniques, improving endurance and efficient stroke action.
- STA Level 2 Swimming Teaching
- Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults
- RLSS – National Pool Lifeguard Qualification and AED
I have 10 years experience of teaching structured, progressive and organised swimming lessons to all ages and abilities. Having worked as a Fitness Professional and Personal Trainer, I am confident in designing tailor-made training programmes specific to each individual reaching their personal goals.
I have a variety of experience working with groups and on a one-to-one basis. I enjoy teaching, producing results and helping others to overcome their fear of the water as well as improving stroke technique for a more efficient stroke.
- Swimming Teacher Level 2
- Personal Trainer Level 3
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- Sports Massage Therapy for Muscle Performance Level 3
- Adult one-to-one non-swimmer
- Pre-school one-to-one and group lessons
- Efficient stroke technique
- Designing tailor-made training programmes
- Group lessons for teenagers