Terms and Conditions
- Full payment is required with the enrollment/re-enrollment form. A place cannot be confirmed unless payment has been made.
- Payments can be made by Cheque, Cash or Bank Transfer. Cheques should be made payable to “Goggle and Giggle LTD”.
- Places are allocated on a first come first served basis. Demand can be high so prompt registration is advised.
- All parents and swimmers must agree and adhere to the Goggle and Giggle Terms and Conditions and Code of Conduct and sign on their booking in form to say they understand and agree to them.
- If you wish to take a holiday during the term, you will still be charged for the full term. You will of course retain your place on the course for that term.
- Data Protection – the member consents to Goggle and Giggle processing any personal data they provide because of enrollment/re-enrollment. Data will not be sent to any third party.
- There are a maximum number of participants for each session. Should classes be full then a waiting list will be put into operation.
- As soon as a new place becomes available, in the appropriate ability level, you will be offered that place.
- Please inform Goggle and Giggle as soon as possible if you no longer wish to be kept on the waiting list.
Cancellations (this includes everyone)
- All requests to cancel membership must be made in writing with supporting medical evidence if relevant.
- Cancellations received 7-14 days prior to the start of the course will be subject to a cancellation charge of 20% of the specific term’s full booking fee.
- If you cancel your place within 7 days of the start of term that you have enrolled and paid for, we will fund 50% of the fees.
- If you cancel your place after the start of the term, then no refund will be given.
- Refund/credits are not given if you or your child refuses to get into the water or you change your mind.
- Goggle and Giggle reserves the right to change or cancel a course at any time. Arrangements will be made to reschedule where possible if not refunds will be payable.
- Any cancellations due to power cuts, adverse weather, disasters, terrorism, war and pandemics will not be refundable, as these are out of our control.
- If you have issues you would like to raise in relation to your child’s lessons, please contact Goggle and Giggle straight away, as it is more difficult to address these if you leave it until the end of term.
Should a lesson already in progress or about to start and must be cleared, for any reason then Goggle and Giggle is under no obligation to refund the lesson or part thereof.
- Holidays – if you wish to take a holiday during the term, you will still be charged for the full term. You will of course retain your place on the course for that term.
- When you sign our Terms and Conditions, you take responsibility for the fact that, should you answer ‘yes’ regarding any medical conditions you or your child might have, you’ve checked things out with your doctor before starting with us. This responsibility is passed on to any other parent or carer who might bring your child swimming.
- Medical conditions must be disclosed to Goggle and Giggle regarding the health of you/your child or those who you have placed your child in care with for attending swimming sessions. All information received is treated in confidence and with sensitivity.
- If you/child is having a heavy cold, sinusitis or an ear infection we recommend they do not swim. Refunds are not given for missed lessons due to sickness, please contact the Goggle and Giggle about applicable catch up lessons with a medical note.
- Following on from sickness we request your child be clear of any symptoms for 48 hours prior to attendance at class.
- Adults and children must not swim if they have had a diarrhea illness in the past 14 days, as advised by the NHS.
- If a swimmer has broken a limb, requires an operation or has been given a medical reason why they cannot attend the remaining lessons, then we will consider transferring the lessons to the next term, or offering extra lessons if we can accommodate this. This is subject to a doctor’s note being received. Only the number of weeks remaining from the term will be held and carried over and the weeks cannot be backdated for missed lessons.
Re-enrollment Swimmers already having lessons with Goggle and Giggle will have priority on places provided they are re-book and pay on time. If we do not receive your payment by the due date, as advertised, then you or your child’s place may be allocated to another person. If you have a change request, please write this on your re-enrollment form and return – we will then get back to you with possible spaces once all re-enrollments are in. Re-bookings are normally done towards the end of the second half of the term. All other places are booked on a first come, first served basis. Goggle and Giggle will endeavor to be flexible in its allocation of time slots. However, it may not always be possible to book or re-book your first choice. The lesson that you/your child is placed in will be at the teacher’s discretion. Payment is due before the start of any lessons. Term dates are detailed on the Goggle and Giggle website and in the re-enrollment letter.
- All Instructors are qualified, insured and experienced swimming teachers and hold the relevant ASA / STA certificate(s).
- We pride ourselves on our high Instructor to Swimmer ratio, ensuring your child will receive above average attention.
- As some physical contact with your child is unavoidable all staff adhere to Child Protection Procedures and are DBS (CRB) checked.
- Goggle and Giggle reserves the right to replace advertised coaches or programmes where unavoidable.
- If an instructor is unwell or cannot attend a session, Goggle and Giggle will endeavor to provide a cover teacher.
- Pool closures happen on rare occasions, making it necessary to cancel lessons. If it is possible we will telephone all available numbers we have for you an email.
If a pool is closed due to a fault on our part that is within our control or on the pools part, such as pool plant failure, water heating, chemical or quality problems, then a deduction of the cost of 1 lesson from your next enrollment will be offered. If you are not re-enrolling for the following term then we are unable to refund any lessons, offered above.
- For pool maintenance closure for which advanced notice is given, you will be advised in your enrollment letter and cost of lesson deducted from your term’s fee.
Lost property Goggle and Giggle does not accept responsibility for any damage or loss of property or articles left on the premises (whether being worn or left in the pool/changing rooms) or within the grounds/car park of the premises.
- All our pools are on private property and some may have large/deep ponds, farm machinery, farm buildings close by.
- Please make sure you are parked in the allocated parking spaces only. Please do not park on any grassed areas.
- Parents/guardians must supervise children at all times inside and outside the pool building and parking areas.
All users of the private pools are to make themselves familiar with the individual pool’s rules. These are provided with your booking in forms and are displayed at each pool.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for their children at all times in the changing area and entrance area. They should always be under the direct supervision of an adult who is not taking part in the lesson and never be left unattended. Children running on wet surfaces can very easily slip and hurt themselves. Children are not Goggle and Giggle’s responsibility until the instructor takes them.
- Parents should remain in the pool building when their children is/are swimming.
- In the absence of any proven negligence, lack of due diligence or breach of duty by the instructor(s), Goggle and Giggle, the participation of you, your spouse/partner, child or those in whose care you have placed your child for the purpose of attending or observing Goggle and Giggle sessions is done so entirely at your and their own risk.
- Any incident must be reported to Goggle and Giggle immediately.
- Goggle and Giggle shall not be held responsible for any personal injury or fatality that may occur.
- Responsibility for all applications of swimming practiced outside of the Goggle and Giggle classes both now and in the future, is borne by you and not Goggle and Giggle.
- Goggle and Giggle does not take any responsibility for the application of any Baby Swimming practices described or shown in books and videos.
- The recommendations, ideas and techniques expressed and described in Goggle and Giggle classes, as well as in books and videos endorsed by Goggle and Giggle cannot be regarded as a substitute for the advice of qualified medical practitioners. Any uses to which the recommendations, ideas and techniques are solely at your discretion.
- Please note that due to child protection regulations photography (including camera phones) and video filming are NOT permitted during Goggle and Giggle lessons or photo sessions arranged by Goggle and Giggle.
- All Goggle and Giggle photography, logos and illustrations are the copyright of Goggle and Giggle (or credited party). Any scanning or reproduction of any of the above without our written agreement will be regarded as being in breach of our copyright and dealt with accordingly.
Goggle and Giggle cannot be held liable for the actions of third parties and, therefore, excludes fully possible by law, any liability arising from a breach of this section headed “Photography” by any party.